Free SMTP server per box
Configure the SMTP server included in all our mail services
All Hosting Solutions' e-mail services include a free SMTP server for sending e-mails. An SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server is essential to send your email messages regardless of the Internet connectivity provider and the support used to send them (smartphone, tablet, PC, etc.); it therefore allows you to never change your mail sending settings and to send your messages in complete security from the mailbox authenticated for the service.
This SMTP server cannot be used for bulk mailings (e.g. newsletters, marketing campaigns, etc.).
Configuration and Features
- Host name (SMTP server): smtps.interhost.it
- Authentication exclusively with SSL protocol, port 465
- Credentials: the same as for the incoming mail server (POP/IMAP)
- Sender: must correspond to the box that has been authenticated
- Maximum number of messages that can be sent per box: 100 per day for a maximum of 200 MB of data. An alert message is sent when 80% of the message quota (or of bytes) is reached
- Maximum size of a message (including attachments): 8 MB
- Messages are not filtered by any antivirus or antispam
If the free SMTP server is not enough to meet your mail sending needs, you can purchase one of the optional dedicated SMTP services that guarantee higher sending thresholds, ideal for bulk mailings, and greater flexibility of use.