Remote Digital Signature
+ setup € + VAT/o.p.
Sign your documents directly from your smartphone, wherever you are
Our Remote Digital Signature service allows you to digitally sign documents from any workstation, fixed or mobile and without a smart card, using your smartphone to generate temporary OTP (One-Time Password) passwords.
The service is based on the HSM (Hardware Security Model) of the Certification Authority Namirial, is valid for 3 years and can be used on computers, smartphones and tablet.
How to activate:
The activation procedure is very simple. After purchasing the service, the system will automatically send the access link (voucher) that will allow the Remote Digital Signature to be activated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need an Internet connection, a smartphone or a webcam, your ID and your health card.
How to sign a document:
Once the service has been activated, to sign a document all you need is:
- an Internet connection;
- a device (PC, smartphone or tablet) with the latest generation browser to access the NamirialID signature Portal; alternatively, you can install the signature software FIRMACERTA in the PC or app version;
- an OTP password generated by the Namirial OTP app (for Android or IOS).
Digital Signature and Remote Digital Signature
Digital signatures ensure the authenticity of a document exchanged between a sender and a recipient using a specific hardware or smart card, which binds the user to sign only if he or she has such hardware.
In the case of remote digital signatures, on the other hand, the signature can be applied from any workstation, fixed or mobile and without a smart card, because the certificate is installed on a secure remote server (Hardware Security Model, HSM) and uses an OTP (One-Time Password) security system with temporary passwords valid for a few seconds.
Thanks to this secure infrastructure, the service is always available.
Below are the requirements to be met in order to carry out the video-identification correctly:
- have a device connected to the Internet, complete with video camera and microphone;
- have a mobile phone available that answers the number provided during registration;
- have the identity document and health card communicated during registration. These documents must be valid;
- be the only person who appears in the video;
- make the connection from a quiet and peaceful place with a neutral background.
For further details, see our video-identification guide: Remote digital signature: how to perform video-identification.