Save and protect data on all your PCs, virtual machines, physical servers and services
The Acronis Backup service allows you to schedule and perform backups of physical and virtual servers, workstations (PC, laptop, tablet) and MS Office 365 services using an intuitive web interface. You can schedule backup operations by choosing between different modes (operating system only, data only, full device/server image) and different intervals (hourly, daily, weekly backup, etc.), checking the status in real time through customized notifications.
Below are the main features of the service:
- Storage in Italy: storage devices dedicated to Acronis Backup are hosted at our data centers in Florence or Rome (in compliance with the new privacy regulation, GDPR.
- Web control panel: single interface to manage backups of all devices or, in the case of resellers, of all customers.
- Backup scheduling: backups can be scheduled by customizing time and frequency.
- Backup customization: it is possible to choose whether to back up just the operating system, just the data, or the complete device/server image.
- Recovery/Restore: it is possible to explore the backup from the web interface with the possibility of restoring/downloading the single file.
- Disaster/Recovery: the service is particularly suitable for disaster/recovery strategies; by scheduling a full backup of a server, it will be possible to recover it to another physical or virtual machine.
- Storage optimisation: Acronis performs incremental backups, saving space and optimising available resources.
- Full coverage: backup of any device/server with any operating system (Linux, Windows, Mac OS).
- External Devices/Servers: the service can also be used to backup external devices/servers to Hosting Solutions (e.g. home, office, data center).
- Suitable for resale: the web interface allows you to be identified as a partner, to customize the panel with your own brand and to provide user access to the panel to customers. In addition, the reseller will have access to backups of all their customers' devices.
How it works
After purchasing the service (amount of storage and licenses), it will be possible to access the Acronis web interface, from which you can download the software (Acronis agent) to be installed on the device/server you wish to back up. Once the software is installed, the device will be visible in the Acronis control panel to schedule its backup procedures.
The service is suitable for resellers, in particular:
- System Integrator: for those who manage dedicated infrastructures (physical, cloud, virtual) and need a complete, specific and customizable backup system or disaster recovery strategy on another data center.
- Support: for those who provide support in offices or companies and need cloud backup while keeping data secure, always accessible and in Italy.
- Resellers: for resellers/distributors of web and security services, receiving discounts and dedicated rates.