Renewal, suspension and cancellation of services
Regulation of services
The renewal of a service must be made no later than the expiry date of the service, otherwise the service will be suspended. Additional/add-on services will only be renewed if the main service associated with them is active.
To help with the management of expiry dates, Hosting Solutions will send an email alert on the 1st and 15th of the month, which contains the list of services due to expire in the next 15 days. Expiry notices can be customized by logging into our control panel with your credentials.
If you choose automatic renewal using the PrePay payment method, Hosting Solutions will send you a single reminder to check your balance and avoid inconveniences due to exceeding your credit threshold.
In the case of manual renewal, payment can be made by Credit Card, PayPal, Bank Transfer, MyBank or Postal Order.
If you pay by Bank Transfer or Postal order, the proof of payment is not simultaneous with the payment itself, due to the time required for bank transfers; this entails waiting for these technical times before the renewal of the service is effective. It is then strongly recommended to send the payment notification by e-mail to amministrazionehostingsolutions.itor by fax to 055 30312210.
Our bank details can be found at this address Company - Administrative Data.
The updated economic conditions for the service to be renewed are available in the control panel, by logging in with your credentials.
Useful tips for renewal
- Renew the service in advance, a few days before the expiry date (the expiry date for the next renewal will not be anticipated or changed). Renewing services beyond the expiry date is a very complex procedure that often involves additional costs.
- It is possible to set up automatic renewal of services if you use the prepaid payment method (Prepay). You can find details of the PrePay payment method on our website.
- If you pay by bank transfer or postal order, please take into account the necessary banking time and notify the payment by email or fax to speed up the renewal procedure.
- Customers are obliged to ensure that their personal details are up-to-date, with email addresses checked daily so that the various service notices delivered are read quickly.
Suspension of the service
If not renewed, the service will be suspended on the day of expiry and will therefore no longer be available.
Domains associated with expired services cannot be transferred. To transfer them, it will still be necessary to renew the expired service or to register the domain name associated with the service.
Reactivation of expired and suspended services
In general, the reactivation of services renewed after the expiry date entails payment of the service from the date of expiry.
On the other hand, the reactivation of domains (whether or not associated with a service) renewed after the expiry date may entail additional reactivation costs. Specifically:
- .it domains in REDEMPTION: 7 days after the expiry of the service, .it domains enter the REDEMPTION period. Therefore, 7 days after the expiry date, renewal of the service will incur an additional cost of € 10 + VAT.
ATTENTION: after 30 days from the expiry date, the service will be cancelled and can no longer be recovered, while the domain will become free for a new registration.
- .eu domains in QUARANTINE: at the end of the expiry month, .eu domains enter the QUARANTINE period for 40 days. They can be renewed by the end of the expiry month at no additional cost. If renewed after the end of the expiry month, they will incur an additional cost of € 30 + VAT/b>.
ATTENTION: after the 40-day quarantine period, the service will be cancelled and can no longer be recovered, while the domain will become free for a new registration.
- .com/net/org/info/biz domains in REDEMPTION:
on expiry, .com/net/org/info/biz domains enter the Grace period, which lasts for 28 days. During this period, the service can still be renewed at no additional cost.
ATTENTION: beyond the 28 days of the Grace period, these domains enter the REDEMPTION period for a further 30 days. During this latter period, renewal of the service has an additional cost of € 250 + VAT. Lastly, after the 30 days of REDEMPTION, the service will be cancelled and can no longer be recovered, while the domain will become free for a new registration.
Cancellation of a service (or domain)
If the renewal payment is not made within 30 days of the expiry date, Hosting Solutions has the right to cancel the service, as well as all optional or additional services connected to it (including domain, email account, DNS service, any Host Pointer hosted in the main plan, any backups of the service), even if these have different expiry dates from the main service.
In the event of cancellation, the service account data will be removed from our servers.
ATTENTION: A cancelled service cannot be restored or renewed. Also, domains not renewed within a maximum of 30 days from the expiry date are subject to permanent cancellation and become publicly available for reassignment to third parties via back-order or direct registration.