Certified e-mail account on your domain
+ setup € + VAT/o.p.
Choose the hermit crab PEC
1 certified email account on your domain. The service includes certification of your domain and a 1 GB certified email account on that domain, compliant with ministerial regulations on the transmission of electronic documents in order to be considered equivalent to notification by registered mail in the cases permitted by law.
If you do not have a domain to be certified, you can purchase it from our domains section before certifying it and associate a certified account with it.
How to purchase the service
To purchase and activate a certified email account, enter the domain name to be certified in the box above: this domain must be owned by the customer, otherwise it will be necessary to purchase the domain first. Once you have entered the domain and clicked on the 'Order' button, the procedure will ask you for the name of the account to be purchased and the owner's details.
General features of the PEC service
- Description of the offer
- Terms and conditions of the PEC service
- The certified email service is provided by Namirial S.p.A., an AgID (Agenzia per l'Italia Digitale) accredited authority on the public list of Certified Electronic Email Providers
- To find out all the details of the offer, please refer to the Operation Manual of the service.
- As requested by the Agenzia per l'Italia Digitale (AgID) to all PEC providers, from 19th October 2019 the Certified Email service will be adapted to version 1.2 of the TLS (Transport Layer Security) communication protocol, which is more up-to-date and secure. In order to guarantee access to the account, the systems used to use the PEC service (webmail browsers, email clients and operating systems) must support this protocol.
To check whether your system meets the minimum requirements, we recommend reading the document: Minimum PEC Requirements: TLS vers. 1.2.
ATTENTION: For Windows 7 systems, Outlook does not support the TLS 1.2 protocol, so it might not be possible to connect to your certified email. In this case, please refer to Microsoft support at the following link:
Update to enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 TLS as default security protocols in WinHTTP on Windows.
- IMPORTANT - How to activate a PEC account: activation procedure.
Features of the certified e-mail service
- 1 GB account on your certified domain (such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- POP3/IMAP4 compatible
- Dedicated SMTP
- Maximum number of messages per day: unlimited
- Secure access via SSL
- Antivirus and antispam filters
- Specific webmail for certified email accounts, compatible with mobile devices
- Access from most common email clients
- Pec receipt notification on ordinary email account
- Maximum message size: 100 MB
- Maximum number of recipients per email: 50
- Option to enable or block messages from non-certified email accounts
- Automatically copy/forward messages from another certified email account
- Read invoices
- Additional PEC account space (optional)
Who is the service for?
- Professionals enrolled in registers and lists established by state law who have to manage communications with their Professional Associations, Chamber of Commerce and public institutions through certified email. This tool can also be used as an alternative to the old registered mail, optimising time and avoiding queues at counters.
- Companies that are required to have a certified email address, which must be indicate when they apply for registration in the registry of businesses. Certified email can be used instead of paper mail for sending invoices and optimising formal communications with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Public Administration bodies that wish to send official communications to other PAs or to citizens, saving time and costs.
- Private individuals who wish to save time and postage: certified emails is available 24 hours a day and can be used directly from home!
The activation of certified email accounts is provided for professionals, companies and Public Administrations by Article 16 of Decree-Law No 185 of 29 November 2008, "Reduction of administrative costs for businesses".
How to transfer messages of a PEC mailbox
To transfer to Hosting Solutions the contents of a PEC mailbox that is active at another provider, preserving the legal value of the messages, it is necessary to follow a specific procedure that can be found in the guide How to transfer a PEC mailbox. During the transfer, it is essential that the box always remains active with the current provider, otherwise the legal value of the messages will be lost.
PEC Preservation service
For legally compliant preservation of messages of active PEC accounts with Hosting Solutions or external providers, see the page PEC Preservation.