Publishing web pages with MS FrontPage using the FTP protocol
How to publish a website creator with FrontPage via the FTP protocol
Hosting Solutions provides support for FrontPage extensions on Windows Hosting FrontPage plans.
FrontPage is mainly used for server-side extensions, which allow you to use particular tools and useful features, such as web page mailing, database access and more. To use them, in addition to activating FrontPage extensions from the ServerMate control panel, it is also necessary to publish the website using the HTTP protocol.
However, if server-side components are not required and you are using FrontPage as a simple editor, you can publish your website via FTP. Here are the steps to follow to complete the procedure.
- From the top menu, select File and click on Pubblish Web.
- Enter the destination address (in the image ftp://www.yourdomain.it).
- Enter your username and password (in the control panel), enter your username and password as they appear in the control panel, taking care to enter the correct case. If you use copy and paste, be careful not to copy spaces and/or special characters.
- You can now publish your files. You will see a window like the one in the image below. The eft-handYou will see a window like the one in the image below. The left-hand side shows the files on the local computer, while the right-hand side shows the files on the server.
CAUTION before publishing, double-click on the domain folder (in the example, yourdomain.it on the right-hand side of the screen; in fact, the files must be uploaded to the root of the website.
- Click on the Pubblish button to start the file publication procedure.
- The following screen will be displayed once the procedure is complete.