Configuring an Android device for backup
Via FTP using Smart Storage service
Below is a guide to configuring, on an Android device, access to and use of online storage space (e.g. Smart Storage) using the FTP protocol.
Create an FTP access to the Smart Storage
- Download and install the AndFTP app from the relevant store.
- Open the AndFTP app on your device.
- Select the button at the top
- Enter the address of the storage server in the Hostname text field, e.g. nome.cloudhost.it.
- Select the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to access the server.
- Enter the username and password provided in the Smart Storage service activation email. All other fields are optional.
- Save the configuration and return to the main screen where the configuration just saved will appear.
Copy files from local support to Smart Storage using FTP (upload)
- Select the FTP source you have just created and indicate the transfer destination folder to which the files will be transferred.
- Select the button with the smartphone icon (highlighted with a red circle in the image above) to choose the source folder for the transfer.
- Choose the local folder on your Android device from which the files are to be taken.
- Select the files to be copied to the Smart Storage and press the up-arrow button (highlighted by the red circle) in the top right corner
- Confirm by pressing the OK button. After a few moments, the transfer of the selected files to the Smart Storage will start. The interface displays both the transferred files and the files being transferred (upload).